Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Travel Photography

Why does it happen...

That most of our best shots...


Happen when we travel?



Any ideas?

BTW, and before I forget, these are all Leica shots, ranging from Bogotá (Colombia), where I captured the girl talking to her dad about the dog who won't budge; to Barcelona, where my rarely used Summicron 50mm yielded a scene in Plaza del Pí; to Chicago, which I still consider a travel destination because it's not the town where I live. 

Is it perhaps because of the distances we need to cover to get these shots?

Is it maybe because we always assume that the greener pastures are beyond our horizon?

Or just because these are to us unfamiliar sights?

It annoys me... because, for one reason or another, some of my best shots are, indeed, from far away locations. 

Makes me feel glad I had a Leica back then.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think taht most of our best shots happen when we travel, because when we do so, we are free in our mind, our eyes tend to look as a child looks at things for the first time and because we do not think

André Novais