Sunday, September 18, 2016

Toledo and Avila, sun and shadows

Here are some street shots from Toledo and Avila... or rather streetscapes.  Again, the tools were my Leica M2, a Zeiss 35mm f2 lens and my reliable Sekonic L-86 meter.  Most of these are from July 2016, while we were in Spain with a remarkably nice group of students.


Girls in a swing in the playground of Plaza Juan de Mariana, in front of my favorite café.


Damasquinado (Toledo's exclusive handcraft) demonstrated in a small store.


I seem to remember that this photograph represents an area near the Plaza Tendillas in Toledo.


Calle Santo Tomé was always intensely lit by a strong light. It's an interesting place littered with small stores and eateries, and leads to the church that houses El Greco's Entierro del Conde de Orgaz.


Smaller but just as proud, Avila boasts a singular Jewish neighborhood. This photograph comes from a spot on the way there.


Man entering Avila's Plaza Mayor.


Nuns crossing the Plaza Mayor in Avila.

I still have a series of photographs in the bag.  These are the ones I'd like to share right now mostly because I'm impatient.  However, I'll post another group (mixed bag) and, if I can, I'll explain my metering criteria. BTW, before I forget, my lens was protected with a nice yellow B&W filter.  Not the darkest, but enough to add one stop for exposure compensation. 

No comments: