Saturday, January 15, 2011

The reason I picked a Leica

Here they are, some photographs from a trip to Cartagena in August 2003. They turned out to be good enough (and my wife praised them so much) that I decided it was time to get a Leica camera. I earned it. They were all made with my old Canonet G-III QL17 and color slide film (except for the B&W, which are in Scala). See for yourself...

Couple in the Cartagena walls (which circle the city).

The street that follows Plaza Santo Domingo, in 2003. It's changed a little ever since...

I cannot recall the name of this street, but I think it leads to the Plaza Rodríguez de Madrid, in the San Diego neighborhood of Cartagena.

I still have my Canonet. Selling it would be out of the question. It's been resting for a while, without a battery, and I don't know exactly when I'll pick it up again. But it took going to a town that was in the middle of its summer, and it reacted remarkably well to all the abrupt temperature changes I subjected it to. After buying my Leicas I still used it a couple of times... but never later. Probably it's about time to dust it off and take it for a walk.

Next time I may have some recent scans from a nice slide roll used in my M4-2.

2 comments:

Snowbrush said...

I've very much enjoyed your photo art.

Francisco Solares-Larrave said...

Thanks a lot, Snowbrush! Keep visiting, there's more to come.