Friday, November 7, 2008

Change of direction?

Christmas time in Geneva, IL

(M6TTL, Summilux 35mm, color film)

Chicagoans crossing the street

(M6TTL, Hexanon 35, T-Max ISO 400)

Aurora Literary Festival: a young participant

(M6TTL, Summicron 50, Scala)

For a while, I've been longing for a digital camera. 

On November 6th, 2008, I just ordered it.  It may not have been a bargain, but it wasn't too bad in price either.   It is a Nikon D700, full frame body, to use with all my wide-angle and long telephoto lenses.  

Will this mean I'll abandon my film gear?

Surely not.  Even though I like computers, mostly they are tools for a job, not entertainment gizmos.  Granted, I like them, but that's an added benefit.  Spending hours tweaking photographs is not my cup of tea... but then, shooting grainless images is something of a dream.  That, and not having to scan my photographs.  I'm not good at scanning. 

However, how about the shots posted above?  Reactions?  

Will keep you posted!

No comments: